SBA has launched certify.sba.gov, a new website to further streamline and improve the application processes for small businesses and entrepreneurs seeking to do business with the federal government.
With this website, SBA's contracting application and certification process for women-owned small businesses are now completely accessible online and easier than ever to complete.
- Women contractors can now easily manage the certification process, including Third Party Certifications as part of the WOSB Federal Contract Program.
- The new website will eventually serve additional SBA contracting programs, including the 8(a) Business Development Program, the HUBZone Program, and others.
- The site will allow several forms to be filled out electronically, reducing the burden of printing, scanning, and uploading.
- As additional certifications like the 8(a) Business Development Program are moved into the new system, documents uploaded for one program may be reused for another.
- The site also has a tool called "Am I Eligible?" which allows a small business to answer approximately fifteen questions and to determine if the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contract Program, the HUBZone Program, and/or the 8(a) Business Development Program are a good fit for their business.
"Small businesses often get too little credit for their work as our nation's leading job creators, generating nearly two out of three net new jobs in our economy," Contreras-Sweet added. "Last fiscal year the federal government awarded its highest percentage of contracting dollars to small businesses in the history of the United States, totaling more than $90 billion.
Those resources supported more than half a million jobs in communities across this country. When these federal dollars churn in local communities, they create a multiplier effect that strengthens the local tax base and leads to better government services and better schools. That's the promise of our work."
Header image courtesy of #TTFMag
I share things that you should consider 'checking out.'