actress/author: Mindy Kaling
During the Hulu 18 Presentation at the newly-named Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, executives took the stage to reveal the company’s rapid growth. Announce multiple original programming and exclusive acquisition deals that expand Hulu’s content offering, and unveil a new product and measurement innovations that will bring the future of television to the advertising business.
Reinforcing Hulu’s position as one of the world's top 10 direct-to-consumer entertainment brands, the company announced that it has surpassed 20 million U.S. subscribers and has grown total engagement on Hulu by more than 60%. Also, Hulu revealed that 78% of viewing on the service takes place in the living room, on connected TVs.
“Hulu is the complete TV experience for consumers, offering both live and on-demand programming and more consumer choice than ever before,” said Freer. “We are the only place that delivers award-winning content, ad loads less than half that of traditional television, with ads that are always viewable and always in a brand-safe environment -- and we are leading the TV and advertising industries into the future.”
Announcements at this year’s presentation include:
- New Series Four Weddings and a Funeral and Ramy Join Catch-22, The First, Castle Rock and Little Fires Everywhere as Hulu Originals
- Hulu and Blumhouse Television Reveal Into The Dark Year-Round Horror Event Series
- The Handmaid’s Tale Renewed for Season Three
- Hulu Continues Adding the Best of TV With Exclusive SVOD Deal For Broadcast’s No. 1 New Drama, The Good Doctor
- Hulu Strikes Its Largest Kids & Family Licensing Deal to Date in First-Ever Agreement with DreamWorks Animation
- Hulu To Introduce Advertising in Live TV
- Hulu to Launch the Industry’s First Ad-Supported Downloadable Content Experience
- Hulu Establishes Digital Ad Ratings as the New Currency for Advertisers
- Hulu Doubles Down on Driving Business Outcomes, Expands Suite of Sales Effectiveness Tools
*See this article on Apple News too... Search Style Verify on your iPhone.*
Photo Credits: Click on image and mouse over for photo credits