Are you one of those that take months researching your next family's vacation or are looking for ideas for your next solo or sweetheart vacation? Then attending the NYTTS is a must. The travel show will not disappoint. Attend and get all your questions answered in one place, research places, even get budget and planning tips. Travel representatives are there from all over the world and to encourage and support your travel needs. Bring a notepad or something to write in. You will receive lots of information, and it can get overwhelming.
Here are five things you can expect from attending this year's show:
- Information/Seminars. While there were countless workshops, I visited several, and each was invaluable regarding education and knowledge. If you are an avid traveler, stop by the seminar floor and sit in a few, it will be well worth your time and effort. You might find inspiration for your next travel venture or get answers to questions that otherwise held you back from booking your next vacation. Also, they always feature new products and services at trade shows. If you like modern-day conveniences, you will find newly launched products and services there. We especially loved coming across Venuelust. The is a website excellent for millennials and creatives who love a non-traditional approach to putting together any travel itinerary. Venuelust is a site that features off-the-beaten-path accommodations and venues. Oh, and the representatives of the brand are super cool.
- Goodie Bags. Goodie Bags seem to be the standard at any nice event. Receiving one always gives that added touch of something special. Included in this year’s bag were some promotional pamphlets and magazines offering discounts and travel options, as well as useful trinkets to take with you. You will receive your Goodie Bag at the check-in. It will become your bag to place all your informational products you get.
- Raffles and Giveaways. There are raffles everywhere (free), from winning small items like pens and can openers, travel stays and even cash prizes, as much as $500,000. Most will be drawn at the end of the show (January 10, 2016.) The event space is huge, so definitely walk around. There is a myriad of giveaways and opportunities.
- Promotional Rates. One of the great travel opportunities we found was for the Spa Eastman. Spa Eastman in Quebec, Canada (1 hour away from Montreal). Quebec is a mere 7-hour drive or 1-hour flight from New York. Spa Eastman offers an astounding rate at as low as $1,024 for two people for three nights, four days and that includes meals, exercise activities and resort amenities. This place is all about wellness, so if you are into that sort of thing, this just might be your next mini-vacation. I learned that these rates are only offered 1 - 2 times a year. We checked online and noticed a consistent 4 - 4.5-star rating. Now come on, for an estimated $500/pp, for an all-inclusive retreat weekend, not far from home, we agree that is a deal and well worth the promotional rate. Perfect option for a girlfriend or couple getaway. Alternatively, how about a little Caribbean vacation: we found more deals at JusAdventures. Located next to the Grenada booth, JusAdventures is offering some marvelous deals for group travel, perfect for the vacation with your girlfriends. We loved the Grenada Music Festival trip for just $1600.
- Food and Drinks. Yes, for sure, while you are strolling around you will come across some delicious drinks (hint: check Puerto Rico booths) and snacks along the way. I enjoyed a yummy rum punch as I strolled around for the next good find. Food and drink are always a bonus.
Editorial Director (Alumni)